ABC 7 Segment "Looking for Love on the Suncoast" Featuring Advice from Robert Bakst

... "Just go places that make you happy, deal with things that make you happy, and surround yourself with people that make you happy and only good things come from it," said David Ford-Coates. 

Pyschotherapist Robert Bakst says there’s some truth to that idea.

"In terms of meeting people, I think it’s a good idea to pursue your passions, interests and hobbies," said Bakst. "I think that’s a more natural way of meeting people."

Pew Research reports only 5 percent of Americans who are in a marriage or committed relationship met online. The other 95 percent met without the help of a dating site.

"It’s important to be out there and to do something different," said Bakst. "If it means being at a supermarket and going up to someone you don’t know and talking to them. I mean, nothing ventured nothing gained."

For the full story: http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/looking-for-love-on-the-suncoast-the-experts-lend-their/article_1f40a3a4-f313-11e6-a60f-af5076fd4d70.html